12 October 2020
Test and Trace Support Payment scheme opens for applications
Eligible residents can now apply for a Test and Trace Support Payment in Uttlesford.
The scheme follows new laws in England, brought in on 28 September, which requires all those who test positive for Covid-19 or those identified as ‘close contacts’ to self-isolate.
The payment scheme, which is administered by Uttlesford District Council, will provide financial assistance to people on low incomes who are unable to work while they are self-isolating because they cannot work from home. Those who are required to self-isolate and who meet the eligibility criteria will be entitled to £500.
To be eligible for the Test and Trace Support Payment, an individual must:
- have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace on or after 28 September, either because they’ve tested positive for coronavirus or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive
- be employed or self-employed
- be unable to work from home and will lose income as a result
- be currently receiving Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit
The support payment scheme is expected to run until 31 January 2021. Anybody wanting to make a claim has 14 days from the date their isolation ended to complete their application.
An online application form can be completed on the council website, at www.uttlesford.gov.uk/test-and-trace-payments.
If a person does not meet the eligibility criteria for the main scheme, they may be able to claim as part of the council’s discretionary scheme instead. Please refer to the council’s website for further details.
It is important that any person asked to isolate follows the guidance to help reduce the spread of infection to people around them and their communities. Further information about isolation and the current regulations is available on the government website: www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection.
- For more details on this media release please contact the Communications Team on 01799 510442 or [email protected]
- Follow us on Twitter @Uttlesford DC
- You can also follow our Business Development Team @UDCBusiness, our Communities Team @UDCCommunities, and our jobs feed @UDCJobs
- The Chair of the council is on Twitter and can be found @UDCChair
- Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook/UttlesfordDC